The project TourENG wants to improve the use of English in Tourism Organizations , contributing to “a
more modern, dynamic, committed and professional environment inside the organization: ready to
integrate good practices and new methods into daily activities”.
The results of the project will have impact on employees involved as well as organizations, such as:
• increased competence in foreign languages;
• increased level of digital competence; ” as well as better understanding of interconnections
between formal, non-formal education, vocational training, other forms of learning and labor market
• increased opportunities for professional development;
• increased motivation and satisfaction in daily work.
Interactive Learning Tool
This tool includes a set of learning videos and didactical material, aimed to tourism specific content.
– Develop a didactical concept for the learning tool and a curriculum for the video based learning.
– Develop the content of the video based interactive learning system in terms of the real life
situations and scenarios.
– Determine the frame and the content of the subsequent related exercises (quizzes, role play,
– Introduce gamification elements.
– Have an interactive tool (tourism vocabulary for tour guides and employees in hotel and restaurant)
in 4 languages (TR, PT, RO and SI).
– Film the videos (based on real life situations and scenarios) in English including shootings derushing
– Have a recorded lexicon of tourism terms in English.
– Develop and input the subtitles for the videos in four languages (TR, PT, RO and SI).
The interactive learning tool will contribute to facilitate the acquisition of technical language of
English in tourism for the learner, by providing exercises allowing them to develop and by
encouraging to revise their general knowledge of grammar, in the particular context of a tourism.
You can access here the e-learning platform.
Training Handbook for Multipliers Facilitating Self Learning of Language Competences in
The objective of this handbook is to develop a Self-Learning Package for the
multipliers/coaches of English in Tourism.
The expected outcome is a package of methodological guidelines and a set of modules for
consultants/coaches/mentors of training providers working with managers and employees of
tourism SMEs to use modern media to support language learning in Tourism SME
This handbook will explore some topics:
(1) language learning facilitation skills;
competency (selection of appropriate media for learning, knowledge of available resources;
technical skills of handling media) integration of language learning in a wider program of key
(4) curricula development and monitoring and evaluation of learning.
A strong emphasis will be on practical skills of media production and use of multimedia in in-
Tutorial for Hotels and Restaurants to Use and Produce Video for Workplace Learning of
The tutorial will instruct practitioners in tourism organizations on how to create and use digital self
Practical tutorial in paper, website and video tutorial format to instruct users, as tourism
organization learning responsibles (managers, owners, staff) on how to use video for learning
purposes in their organizations. The example and focus will be English language learning, but the
methodology is relevant for additional fields of learning, technical knowledge as well as key
The tutorial will use a traditional paper brochure to connect with traditional learning habits, but the
main points will also be presented in a series of instructional videos, presented on the web platform,
but also publicly on YouTube in order to draw additional attention.
The objective of this output is to adapt the Interactive Learning System to running on mobile devices.
All content will be adapted to run efficiently on mobile devices. Target groups are often more used to work with mobile devices for organizing their everyday life and communication needs.
Therefore, preparing the learning content in a way to run efficiently on mobile devices will make the content
much more attractive and accessible for the end users. The content will be organized in small units of under one minute, so that learning in everyday situations like work breaks will be possible.
Gamification elements will increase the attractiveness further.
The main content will be presented and the system will be open for integrating user generated content. The content will be an OER, accessible for all those interested, with a potentially unlimited outreach.
Prof. Dr. H. Güçlü YAVUZCAN
ISOB ISOB GMBH
Alexander Krauss – firstname.lastname@example.org
SVET JE LEP
© 2018 Toureng. All Rights reserved.